Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gremlins


A wise man once said "Your friends are like Gremlins, they multiply". That is the most correct statement that I know!

I have to admit - I have the best friends in the entire world!! I'd like to say that I am the glue that holds us all together, but some of them may be too "unstable" to believe that - and the stable ones will disagree and think that they are in fact the glue. I guess we are all a part of the super glue mixture. Holding each other tight - not letting one escape if they tried.

We have been called "exclusive" and "popular" but I'm not sure either are true. We are The Gang, happiest when we are all together laughing ever step of the way.

My friends have been through so much together that it would be impossible to tear us apart. I can't imagine going through this world without them. We are a family now. We have endured both heart warming and heart wrenching times, Laughter and Tears, Death and Life, Certainty and Question. We have laughed until we cried, created traditions that continue, made memories that are unforgettable.

I thought I would take a moment to share with you some of the amazing, stupid, fun and crazy things that have made us who we are. Though all of you who read this may not appreciate or understand I know that the Gremlins will smile, maybe even laugh out loud.
  • The Annual Friend Christmas Party
  • 4th of July trips to the Nelson Condo
  • Las Vegas trip (Without Maroon 5)
  • Dallin, Nick, Bret.... hmmmm.... lets not forget Kip
  • 11/11 party at Turnberry
  • Community Shower - Kjirsty and Paige?!?
  • American Idol Tryouts
  • Karaoke at Gino's
  • Del Taco on our way to the George
  • "Its still going"
  • Mexico Cruise
  • Birthday Parties
  • Changing seats while driving - DO NOT TRY THIS
  • Nick's rendition of a Soldier
  • We're coming to America... Fancy was her Name
  • Sally
  • BBQ's and Pool Parties at Preston Hollow
  • Pumpkin Carving and Egg Dying
  • "I feel bad for the woman who wears this size of shoe"
  • The Diversity who LOVED Heather
  • Tulip's car being hit and beads being taken- Go Nat!
  • Tulip and Jeremy
  • Mormon Mix
  • "I brought you this delicious ham"
  • Reality TV
  • Cedar City Subway
  • Drives home from Cedar or Logan
  • Ashley bringing treats to every party
  • Matronly Hair
  • Haircuts, Haircuts Haircuts - good and bad
  • Michael McLean Concert
  • Kenneth Cope - Dallins Hero
  • Midget Wrestling
  • Wendover Trip on the Fun Bus
  • Making T-Shirts on the 4th of July
  • PF Chang's at Christmas time
  • T Shirt Party at Dallins
  • Miss America Invites and Party
  • Miss Murray Pageant
  • Weekly girls lunches
  • Roz Tint and Trim
  • Derby
  • 1, 2, 3 and TURN!

Those are some of my favorites. The list could go on and on! Thanks for all the fun memories gang! I'd be nothing without you! I love that we can sit around and talk about anything or nothing and that we all love each other for who we are all. I look forward to a lifetime of laughter and memories! I love you all, BFFFS!! (Best Friends Forever For Sure!!)

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

SUU apparently has a major in insanity and creativity. Oh, and Adam will totally be praying for wrestling midgets in Wendover. Adam's Happy Place involves midgets.

Suzie LeCheminant said...

You are my glue.
I love you more than ham, homos and heating blankets, more than pool floats, Oprah and Turbo, even more than Nowell, Emilio, and Fancy.
Thanks for the laughs.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Due on June 28th.. coming up! We are so stinkin excited! So I'm making the meal tonight I made on St. Patricks Day... you really should try it! It is delicious!

Natalie said...

I am so happy you seem to bring up the issues that I am going to Hell for. They do make good memories though!

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

Love it, love you all, this makes me so happy!

~ Angela said...

A little birdie told me it is your birthday! Happy Day!!!! I hope you do something really fun and get some good presents.

I've always been jealous of your group of friends. Good to know that you all realize how lucky you are to have one another.

Kalli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LES!! LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Happy 21st birthday, Leslie! ;)

Kati said...

Funny post! Gremlins...I love it! And wasn't it 1, 2, 3 pose??

Nick said...

Funniest post by far!!!

Nick said...

P.S. If you're the glue that holds this dysfunctional family together, then I am the cement. Stable.