Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stella's Half Birthday


Stella is officially SIX MONTHS old today! I can hardly believe how fast she is growing up! She has quickly grown from a tiny baby who slept all day to an active sweet baby. She has learned to sit up, roll over, hold on to her toys, she eats "real girl food", has gone on her first airplane ride, and laughs and giggles at everything her mama does! She is trying to get this crawling thing down too.




Tonight we are having her 1/2 birthday party at Cafe Trio in Cottonwood. 15 of mom and dads friends are coming as well as Stella's friend Eva. We are excited to get together for Stella's big day (as well as for Kjirsten and Heather's actual bitrthdays). Aunt Suz bought Stella the most darling dress (pictured above, more to follow) for her to wear to her party - we love new party dresses!!


Since Stella is six months old now I have decided to write a short list of things I love about her!


1. I love when i go and get her out of her crib in the morning she looks up and give me the biggest smile - then she quickly burys her face into the mattress as if she is embarrassed to be so happy.


2. I love when Stella grabs both sides of my face and pulls me into hers and gives me a million wet slobbery kisses.


3. I love when she gets in her highchair her mouth opens wide in anticipation for the delicious baby food that she knows will soon be in her belly.


4. I love when she gets in the bathtub she goes straight for her rubber ducky and sucks on its head the enitre time she is in the bath.


5. I love when she squeals with excitiment for no reason at all.


6. I love that she talks and talks all day long.


7. I love that when she is crying I can put my hand on her cheek and it calms her down.


8. I love when I rock her to sleep she puts her hand up on my face or plays with my hair.


9. I love that she sleeps from 9:30 - 7:30 with the exception of a 5 am scream. I have to go in and flip her onto her back, pop the binky into her mouth and put her silky blanky up to her face and she is instantly sleeping agian.


10. I love that she loves her daddy so so much.


11. I love that she laughs at everything I do. I never knew that I would make myself look like a circus act just to see her smile and laugh.


12. I love her chubby little body. I espically love her perfect little chin.


13. I love that she will let me kiss her a million times a day and not even let it bother her.


14. I love to hold her when she is sleeping and cuddle her and stare at her.


15. I love that she has brought more joy and happiness into my life than I ever knew possible. She is the reason that I am able to love so strongly, she is my world and my everything.


I love you Stell Bell! Happy Six Months of Life!!

15 comments:

Suzie LeCheminant said...

I love it. Happy Half Birthday Stella! You make me happy everytime I see you :)
You will be the best dressed at the party tonight for sure, I may be a little jealous!

Grammy/Mimi/Marylou said...

My little Stella,
Happy Half Birthday! You are the cutest little 6 mo old in the world for sure. I love you so much, you are lucky to have such a great mom that adores you so much! I love it when you get to come to Grams when mom needs to work. You are always such a good girl and that is not always so easy to be when Kaya is here playing whack-a-mole with you. She love you a lot and is learning to be easy with her best cousin.
I love your new party dress from Aunt Suzie. Have a good time tonight and talk mom and dad into some mashed potatos--you are getting so big after all!!!1

Natalie said...

I love your list - Stella is the cutest! Happy 1/2 birthday from Rease and the Beutlers

Krista Miller said...

HAPPY HALF BITHDAY STELLA!!! Auntie Krista loves you!!!!!

Kristina P. said...

We miss little Stella! It's been too long.

Kristina P. said...

We miss little Stella! It's been too long.

Jo said...

Hi Leslie! I found your blog through Kristina's new blog, which is already putting me to shame as you so adequately pointed out on hers (the seven posts in three days). Anyway, I wanted to say hello and to let you know I think your daughter is gorgeous and I added your link to my blog as I've told my friends how hip and cool you and your husband are and how gorgeous your Stella is! ;)

Malma said...

She is adorable! Isn't is amazing how fast they grow up. Before you know it, she'll be emptying all your drawers like ours does.

Taylor and Melissa said...

Stella is so beautfiul! She was definitely the best dressed at the b-day party. Stella, tell your parents we need to play soon!

Hayward Family said...

How sweet was that post? I almost cried! It's so sad to see them growing up, yet so HAPPY!! It's crazy how fast time flies!! Cy is almost 1!!

Unknown said...

Your little baby is so adorable! I can't wait to meet little Stella!

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad we made your exclusive blog list, even if our last name is spelled wrong! You have such a cute baby, I guess I can forgive you. :)

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad we made your exclusive blog list, even if our last name is spelled wrong! You have such a cute baby, I guess I can forgive you. :)

Kalli said...

ok so the biggest loser I love the idea but I don't want anyone to know what I weigh hahaha! or else I would be game man. So we will see you on Friday I am excited I can't wait to see the little cutie she is soo cute!

Nicole said...

She looks so cute in her new party dress. I hope she had a Happy Half Birthday!