Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egg Party

I am a nerd and I LOVE deviled egg platters. I picked this one up at Target and yes it has a broken ear. We went to three Targets (thanks for taking me Joe - he is such a good husband!!) to find one with both ears and they were SOLD OUT everywhere. But I figured that both ears will eventually break anyway and I really loved it so I bought it anyway. Taylor is very concerned that I would buy it already broken, but its mine now! I can't wait to take it to my parents Easter dinner tomorrow with delicious deviled eggs!
We decided to throw an Easter Egg Dying Party tonight. It was very last minute so not many could come, but we still had a great time! We dyed eggs, had egg salad sandwiches, watched the end of the Jazz game and had a hip hop happy time.
Stella in her new Easter 'jamies' which Joe would prefer me to call pajamas. I thought the little eggs on her feet were so cute! The front says "Baby's first Easter"
My little sister Ashley and her husband Tyson. Ashley dyed the most eggs.
Her favorite nerdy egg. "I Love C3PO". I bought a Star Wars egg dying kit to lure Joe into coloring some eggs... it worked!! Its true I married a nerd!

Suzie, Tyson, Ashley, Taylor and Melissa- Thanks for coming peeps! It was fun!
Ash, Mels and Les (Taylor jumped into the picture and Suz refused to be in it)
Stella with Aunt Ash and Uncle TyTy
No Comment.Everyone (Except Joe who was putting Stella to bed, and Sue who took the pic)
Thanks for coming everyone! I hope that the Easter Bunny pays you all a visit in the morning!! Please take some Easter pictures and post them on your blogs! We love you all!

10 comments:

Kajirsten said...

I LOVE that you have already blogged this!! It makes me even sadder that I couldn't come. I had already promised my evening to a 17 year old who told me tonight that in 3 months he wouldn't be jail bait anymore. YIKES! Anyway, sad I missed! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute platter! I haven't dyed eggs in years. But Adam does love deviled eggs, so I may have to make some.

Jo said...

Looks like you had a great party! How fun, and I like your one eared platter, even if Taylor does mock it! Maybe one of us will have to get him and Melissa their own one eared platter for next year!

Kalli said...

Les I love you, you are always doing something fun and you look sooo good and skinny I am so proud of you that you look that great... I am still carrying an extra 30 and will blame it on my baby until I loose it LOL

Natalie said...

I love all the parties you guys have - you are so fun! Plus the story about the broken platter - classic! I love that you loved it so much that you bought it anyway. Looks like you had a fun Easter!

Natalie said...

I am so sad I could not make it to the Easter festivities but Clau was in town so I wanted to see her while I could. The more and more you talk about Joe the more and more I think you are talking about Rob. I need to look into that Star Wars kit :) Our husbands really are so much alike :) I hope you had a Happy Easter and I love the deviled egg plater even with a missing ear!

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

It looks like it was a blast. I was with my grandparents at the hospital that night. Leslie, you are looking fantastic in those photos. You've inspired me to get back to dieting seriously.

~ Angela said...

I HAVE to see the matching Easter dresses! Post pictures!
I loved the egg platter, even with the broken ear. And Stella's jammies are absolutely precious.

Jessica Gillespie said...

Leslie~
Thanks for the fun play group the other day! Tell your husband not to worry because I love star wars too--- and my husband also thinks I'm a nerd:)

Nick said...

I'm happy that we share a passion for deviled eggs and the platters to hold them. I'm antique one still takes the cake though. However I do love the silver one I gave you, too! I might steal it.