Sunday, March 2, 2008

So long ARMY Life!!

Joe displaying his medals and his lovely wife!
Chocolate Fondue.... mmmmmm!!
Mavrick - our very fun waiter
Rob, Whit, Les and Joe
Dessert Tray for Dipping

February 23 marked the last day of Joe's 8 year contract with the Utah National Guard. Joe really enjoyed being in the guard and doing "manly" things like playing with guns and roughing it. He spent 1 1/2 years deployed (6 months in Mississippi and 1 year in Ramadi Iraq). Since we have a baby now Joe has decided to not sign up again. This makes me very happy since I worry myself sick about him when he is gone. To celebrate his 8 years of service we went to dinner at the Melting Pot with my sister Whitney and her friend. I decided to make Joe a shadow box of all of his medals he recieved over the years (Luckily Whitney has an artistic eye and put it all together for me). I kept his present a suprise which was very hard for me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats! I need to get Adam over to the Melting Pot ASAP!

Whitney, Greg and Kaya said...

yay! I am glad Joe is safe with us now! Those were some rough times for all, but especially for you! I love you and appreciate all you do for me! You are truly my best friend! I don't know if I could handle life without you!!!

Nicole said...

Fun night! I'm jealous that he's done, Jeremy still has a year left :(