Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feel the FIRE!!!

So I've decided its time that i start putting some effort into my coupon clipping. I really enjoy doing it, but it is a lot of work. After my shopping trip tonight I can Feel the FIRE!!! It is so addicting and when you get this great of deals how can you not LOVE it?!?
At my first store I was feeling a little discouraged. I was about to check out and i had four items on the checkout stand when my friend Natalie walked up. THANK GOODNESS SHE DID!! I told her how frustrated I was and that I was not catching on. Since she is the COUPON QUEEN she offered some words of advice and this is what I ended up with...

3 Boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats
2 Boxes of Corn Flakes
13 boxes of Instant Oatmeal
2 Large Canisters of Oatmeal
5 Boxes of Granola Bars
3 Boxes of Cereal Straws
... and all I paid was.....
$11.90
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??
I'm still soaking it all in!
I saved $134.27.
UNBELIEVABLE!!

Next up...
I got 5 bottles of Excedrin
(I gave one away to my sis that is why there are only four pictured)
and i paid a total of
$0.68
Seriously? This should not be legal!!

Last Stop I picked up the following
1 box of Granola Bars
1 Box of Peanut Butter Crunch
20 Boxes of Life Cereal
I paid 26.58
that ends up being 1.21 per item.
I saved 72.57
I was a little disappointed with this stop.
I was though I was going to be able to use $9 in coupons
but the checker would not let me.
one of us was obviously confused.
It was still a good deal so I ran with it.
So over all I spent less than $40 and saved over $220!
I LOVE my coupons!!

14 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

Are you doing the coupon thing where you get four sunday papers and there is some website to check out? Jodanna is doing that and is saving tons, but the website isn't for Colorado, so I don't know how to do it. Help the unenlightened please.

Rae said...

Please share your magic secrets! I can't even fathom how this works!!!

Hayward Family said...

WOW!! That's amazing!! I have been trying to get into the whole coupon shoppping thing for a long time, but I SUCK at it!! NO JOKE! I MAYBE save like $5.. haha.. I don't get it! :( Good for you, though!! That's awesome if you can save that much money!

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Natalie said...

Good for you Leslie! I am proud of your shopping! Sorry about them not letting you use the Harmons coupons - it totally depends on the checker. Anyway - good job and keep it up!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is awesome! I wanted to get into it but I found it frustrating and I didn't think what they had coupons for were things I wanted to buy. But all that Quaker stuff is AWESOME! I eat oatmeal all the time!

Anonymous said...

i really need to go with you and learn how to do this! it just seems so time consuming! this is so awesome! love it!

Perry fam said...

I wish I had the patients for using coupons. This is very inspiring maybe I'll start collecting them again. How many sunday papers do you collect?

Kristi said...

Wow. I wish I was as good as you! I try so hard, but these fantastic deals just seem to escape me... I am lucky to get a Gillette razor for free.

Anonymous said...

yeah I don't even know what you are talking about but I want in...lol

Bret said...

You are in my top 4 funniest people I know.

Suzie LeCheminant said...

Okay so I need in now more than ever... I get it and at the same time I really don't. Please help your poor tired friend :) Love you.

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

My neighbor is having a grocery smarts party on Saturday and I can't wait! I need to learn how to save better. Check out grocerysmarts.com, if you haven't already.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you can really save alot of money. However, what happens if you want to buy organic products? Can you still get savings at organic foods stores?