Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Festivities

Joe got up early on Christmas morning to shovel the driveway so we could head to Mimi and Papa's house (my parents) for Christmas morning. We asked Santa to show up at their house this year, we did not even put our tree up this year. I know, call us Scrooge, but Stella is obsessed with pulling off the ornaments and unwrapping presents. So instead of me being a wreck all month long we decided to just move Christmas to my parents. It worked out great.
When Stella woke up Joe was still shoveling so I opened the blinds so she could see him. She was mesmerized. She watched him laughing until he came inside for hot cocoa!

Christmas Eve was spent at my parents. We had soup and salad and then we did the traditional Christmas Eve festivities. My mom read the Christmas Story from Luke while the kids played the parts. Lexi and Landon were Joseph and Mary. Kaya was the Angel of the Lord and Stella was a very uncooperative Jesus. I'm pretty sure she did not feel very safe in the arms of a four year old. Joe read the Selfish Giant, the Littlest Angel was read and the kids got to open up their Christmas pajamas from Mimi!

Christmas morning Joe was the Short Order Chef, he took every ones orders and made them each their own special breakfast! He made eggs, french toast, and omelets. It was quite delicious. He may have felt obligated to cook since the monkey bread I made turned out to look like a "science project gone bad" according to my dad!
I did not get pictures of everyone... I know its unacceptable since I did get a camera for Christmas, but its hard to take pictures and chase a very busy one year old around the house. Stella's favorite presents were her Elmo books her face was priceless when she opened them! Christmas was a lot of fun - its always great to be with family!
On Saturday we went to Joe's sisters house for a Moss Family Dinner. We played games and ate great food, and of course I did not take one picture! Shame on me!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. I'm with ya about the Christmas tree, we put ours up but Bailey was always playing with it. it drove me crazy.

Anonymous said...

dang it! i missed special ordered breakfast? grrrr! we are going to have to work something out now that we have little ones that wake up early for next year! i was so sad i missed all of it! maybe next year! love ya

Olayan/DeGrey said...

sooo cute. I love your family. it sounds like you had an amazing Christmas and I am very happy for that. I miss you like always ;)

amylynne said...

Hey girl--the embarrassing story contest is up and running--head to my blog to check out the details. We have to at least make a game of it, right? Although I have yet to see any that should beat out any of yours! :)

Hayward Family said...

Your family is so cute!! Your christmas looked awesome!