Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fridge Lock

I need a lock for my fridge. Stella has figured out how to open it and she gets out what she wants when she wants. When she wants things like string cheese or an orange its no big deal - and actually helpful that she can do it herself. However this week we've had a few incidents that I feel grant the need for a lock on my refrigerator.

Thursday - I walked downstairs and the door to the fridge was wide opened. I could not see Stella anywhere. I called her name. And she responds "NO mom, don't find me!" I said Stella where are you? She yells back "Don't find the candy, mom!" I found her under the kitchen table with a bag full of chocolate candy unwrapped and stuffing her face full by the handfuls.

Friday - Joe walked in from work to find Stella on the kitchen floor with a half gallon of ice cream and a measuring cup. She was scooping ice cream into her mouth as fast as she could!

Tuesday -while I was working Stella slipped downstairs to play. She was being quiet for way too long and would respond to my calls. I go downstairs to find her in front of the fridge with an open box of eggs. She was breaking them on the floor and on her body. She was covered in head to toe in raw egg. I picked her up, stripped her down and put her in the tub. She cried the entire time she was in the tub because she did not want to be clean.

Wed - I asked Stella what she wanted for lunch. she went to the fridge and pulled out the sour cream. I told her that she cold not just have sour cream for lunch but that I'd make her a burrito so she could dip it into the sour cream. She got mad, ran to the stairs and threw the sour cream down to the landing. It exploded everywhere. Needless to say she got a long time out. And when her dad came home from work and asked her what she did she told him all about it with a huge smile on her face!

So... its not that i want a refrigerator lock, i actually NEED one! I've tried tying the handles together with a ribbon but she is too smart for that. Any suggestions? I just want a latch.. not an actual pad lock!

6 comments:

Dan and Michelle said...

I don't mean to laugh but that was a really funny post. I can just picture cute Stella doing it. Good luck with the frig lock.

Brittany said...

A Bike lock...you can wrap it around the handles of the fridge and they have the with keys or with combination. Little stinker!!!

Brittany said...

They are at walmart. Or you could try large zip ties

Anonymous said...

that is so funny, it wouldn't be funny if it happened to me but you will look back and laugh esp with the sour cream. She is definatly wild, she is so cute though love you leslie

Veronica Haley said...

Oh my gosh! i feel soo bad for you!

Anne said...

i love that Stella! What pistol. does she like to cook?