Saturday, June 28, 2008

Utah Arts Festival

Joe, Stella and I took our annual stroll around Library Square tonight to enjoy the Utah Arts Festival. Joe has a great appreciation for art and even does a little of his own on the side. He is pretty talented, though he won't admit to it. It was Stella's first time there (obviously) and I have to say that she quite enjoyed it! How could you not love amazing art, over priced food and superb people watching! Let me tell ya, local festivals have a way of bringing people out of the wood work!
I'm not exactly sure why we bothered bringing the stroller this time around. It was hard to maneuver through the crowds, and Stella was not too interested in riding. She has a new tooth coming in and only wants to be held by mom and dad.
Aunt Ashey (my baby sis) and Uncle TyTy met us there as well. We lost them about 10 min after entry and found them about 10 min before we left. At least we got a few pictures to document that they actually were there!
Stella is pulling an annoyed face.. i think she is sick of being in the heat and sick of so many pictures!
We decided that the Arts Festival was the perfect opportunity to give Stella a try at Dippin Dots - The Ice Cream of the Future. She loved it, of course. But who wouldn't!? She was a little weirded out at first bite, but quickly realized how delicious they were. Every time she wanted another bite she would say.... mmmmm..... she is so cute!
Just the girls.
Here is a short video of the belly dancers. I was holding the camera up high above my head hoping i was getting them on film. It worked, sorry its a little shaky. I'm always amazed with the confidence of belly dancers... enough said.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love the patriotic background!

I was hoping to get to the Arts Festival this year, but alas, it didn't happen. I'm glad you are exposing Stella to the finer things in life, like Dippin' Dots. I love them!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Les you look super skinny - way to get the baby weight off! I wish we got to go to the Festival, I love it!

Heather Miller said...

I loved the arts festival too. Soo fun. We shou;d all go together next year. Stell I love ya....She is just the cutest. Love you too les

Unknown said...

I wanted to go so bad..but I just decided it was too hard with my little one. I love how cute Stella is!

Anonymous said...

Well said.