Friday, September 4, 2009


Its been a fun few weeks of canning! I'm not sure why i love it so much - but I do! Me and Natalie and Ashley have had our aprons on and water boiling. Here is what we've each canned so far.

10 jars Raspberry Jam
15 jars Apricot Jam
12 Quarts Salsa - 12 more to can on Saturday
10 Quarts Peaches - 16 more to can on Saturday


I'm hoping to find time to can a total of 40 quarts of peaches, and I'm going to try my hand at canning tomatoes next week. Any other suggestions on what I should be canning?

6 comments:

the weisenburger life said...

I am so proud of you Leslie! You are awesome. I use a ton of stewed tomatoes throughout the winter. You can use them in a ton of recipes, so you for sure want to do your tomatoes.

I have the recipe for the cucumber relish that Grandma Weisenburger use to make. Mark and my boys love it. I'm not sure if you remember it or not... It's great to serve with pot roast (I don't partake of that, but they like it since Grandma did. I also use it when making tuna sandwiches, or with hot dogs or even to put in potato salad so you don't have to cut the pickles :o)

the weisenburger life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We can tomatoes and use them all the time! They are very versatile and I use them in almost all tomato based recipes!

Check out this website http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/categories/canning/ for canning ideas..my idol The Pioneer Woman started this website where people can submit their recipes.

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

Can I just hire you for all my cooking, cleaning, canning and party planning needs? You are so awesome!!

Danielle said...

wow that is so great Leslie! I almost called you today when I saw all the fruit boxes piled up on your front porch. I'd love to can some peaches...will you show me how if you do it again?

Dan and Michelle said...

You go girl! We're bottling pears tomorrow. Wish I had friends to bottle with. I miss the free fruit I use to get in Utah. It's so expensive here.