Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stella's Cake!

So... Stella is turning 1 a month from tomorrow. I'm planning a "Cowgirl" birthday party for her along with my events team/best friends Nick & Suzie. I wanted to find someone to make a darling cake to go along with our Cowgirl theme. I found this cake online, I love the cow print and i love the bandanna. Does anyone know a cake decorator that can help me out? Every place I call is so expensive! The cake may not come to pass seeing that she is only 1, but I decided I'd ask for suggestions to see what I can come up with! Let me know if you have an idea! Maybe I'll be brave and try to recreate something on my own - wanna help me?? :)

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That cake is adorable. I wish cake decorating was one of my many talents. :)

Danielle said...

That is so cute! I love it. I have to say that I have already purchased a few things for Avery's first birthday. How dorky am I.

Second, I would love to help you recreate that cake. I have almost no idea how, but what I lack in knowledge I more than make up for in ego. No seriously, I bet it wouldn't be that hard right? Seriously...call me.

Taylor and Melissa said...

I am no cake decorator but I believe you could make the spots by rolling out soft tootsie rolls and then just buy a pink ribbon you could put some frosting on for the bandana. You can totally do it. It will be so cute. Should we RSVP now?

Natalie said...

I know someone who makes cakes - let me know if you want her info.

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

You could so do that cake as crafty as you are! No suggestions, but I will cheerlead you on!

Hayward Family said...

You should try to do it yourself!! I bet you could find something online? My friend Jami did Cy's, and good thing, because I would have made a HUGE MESS and had nothing to show for it! ;) haha.. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Cutest idea ever!! Cowgirls are one of my favorite things! Good luck with the cake..you can totally do it. Maybe you could contact Kara Wilford cause from the look of her blog she is all about cake decorating (good thing I blog spy huh!)