Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Sick Baby...

Stella woke up at 3:30 this morning screaming her head off. It was not a normal cry so I ran to her rescue - I found her covered in throw up. It was terrible! I cleaned her up and rocked her for a while and came and put her in bed with Joe. I changed her sheets and then headed to the store to pick up some pedialite and popsicles and of course a new toy. Growing up my parents always gave us a toy anytime we were sick or went to the doctor - most kids got ice cream cones and we got toys. I love this tradition so I'm passing it on. I got her a new bath toy... a tug boat with an Elmo and Cookie Monster. She loves her bath - but it not quite as fun after she has just thrown up.. but somehow Cookie and Elmo make it better. I love my little munchkin and I feel so sad that she is sick. She has been laying on my arm all morning - throwing up every ninety minutes.. she can't keep anything down. Hopefully my hugs and kisses make her heart warm on this very sad day.

4 comments:

Dan and Michelle said...

Oh that is so sad. I'm sorry to hear Stella is sick. Jake has had a snotty nose, cough and fever since Saturday. yucky stuff going around.

Grammy/Mimi/Marylou said...

Oh my little Stella,
I love you so much and can hardly stand to think of you being so sick. I know you will feel better tomorrow. Sleep well little one.
Mimi

Unknown said...

Poor baby! That is the most horrible thing to happen to a baby! I'm glad you got her a fun new toy to make her feel a little bit better. You are such a sweet momma!

Anonymous said...

aww! that is so sad! i love my b-boo! i dont want her to be sick! it is not fair for a little thing to feel that bad! :( auntie ashy loves you baby girl! feel better soon!