Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day - From our Home to Yours




I'd like to thank all of the men and women in uniform who have put their lives on hold to protect our freedoms. I pray for them daily. I wish them safety, courage and strength.




Here are a few pictures of Joe's deployment to Ramadi Iraq

January 2005 - June 2006






Final Farewell Ceremony

(Engaged five days prior)


Sometimes Joe got to work in the "office" instead of going out on missions.
I was so thankful for the times he was inside.


This is Joe talking to me on the web cam and showing me his head wound. He fell of a building with the sound of mortars around him. He broke two rips and had to have six staples in his head. Ouch!


When their troop arrived they stayed in this circus tent for two weeks. The temperature outside reached 120 degrees daily.
One last briefing before boarding the plane en route to Ramadi

Another few weeks of home sweet home. You feel pretty lucky if you get to sleep next to the tent wall opposed to the middle of the tent.

This is the door going into the permanent barracks. Through that black door Joe slept for 365 days. I was counting down everyday.
Soldiers getting ready to head out on a mission.
Thanks for your service babe! I love you so much! I am so happy you are home safe and sound!


8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Thanks for sharind these pictures!

I can't believe that Joe was in Iraq. You guys are both amazing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for serving your country Joe! You are amazing and a true hero. I hope you have a great Veterans day..hopefully you didn't have to work or anything like that.

Heather Miller said...

These pictures make me tear up eveytime I see them. I still cant believe that he was over there for that long and that long ago. Thanks Joe. Love you guys

Natalie said...

Thanks Joe for your service! And thanks Leslie for the pictures!

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

Thanks Moss family for all of your sacrifices! We love you so much.

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

That is amazing. You both should be very proud of yourselves. Good job!

Natalie said...

Leslie- I'm glad you found my blog and I was excited to peek at yours.

First, thank you for your sacrifice and thank Joe for his service. My dad was in the military for 33 years and loved (almost) every minute. I missed him when he had to leave, but it's nothing like missing a husband!

Also, your daughter is beautiful! It's amazing how much life changes when you haven't seen people for a while.

Thanks for your prayers. I Hope all is well with you, too, and look forward to some reunion when we can say hello in person!

Erin Axson said...

Leslie! I found your blog through natalie's blog! Your family is darling and you look amazing as always!
So fun to catch up on what you have been up to for the LAST 10 YEARS (sad, we are getting old!).