Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting Ready...

Baby Boy (whom Stella and I call Max) will be arriving in just six short weeks. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by. I'm so nervous to be a mother of two kids - how do people do it? I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Over the next few weeks my mom and I are going to get the nursery ready and make Stella's room fit for a princess. My mom has been so kind in helping me clean my house (maybe I should say cleaning my house and not helping.. I'm not that great of a helper!)

One more thing I want to do before the baby arrives is make about 10 freezer meals so that we have food on hand when I/we are completely and utterly exhausted. Here are the meals I'm planning on making - I need a few more good ideas.. please let me know what you like to freeze!

  • Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
  • Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
  • Beef Stroganoff
  • Chicken Pot Pies
  • Sweet Pork (for nachos or burritos)

I hope the next six weeks I can stay focused so I can have everything ready when our little man arrives!!

xoxo

Leslie

7 comments:

Brittany said...

I want to do the freezer meals with you!!!! I've never done them...

Jo said...

I'm so excited for you Leslie! You are going to do wonderfully with two children. I love to have lassagna frozen to pull out, I freeze taco meat for taco salads, pad thai (nukes pretty well), and my yummy chicken. It's chicken breasts you dip in butter, then in the ranch powder dressing mix, with parmesan cheese, then roll in corn flakes. Cook at about 300 for 20 minutes. Super yummy and freeze really well.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are down to 6 weeks! Congrats! Max is an adorable name by the way

As for foods. I might recommend getting some veggies that are in season and freezing them up as side dishes to add some healthy things in there.
I am right on with Jo with the taco meat. You can do chicken or beef and have that ready on hand.
Another meal that is super easy chicken pesto melts. Its chicken tenderloins with a slice of tomato and you melt a slice of mozzarella on top of the tomato that is on top of the chicken. Once its done cooking you spoon some store bought pre-made pesto sauce on it and its delicious and healthy. I have a handful of recipes on hand if you want any of them. Just let me know :)

Unknown said...

I make a wicked vegetarian pumpkin chili that freezes beautifully. If you want the recipe just shoot me a note and I can guarantee that you will love it. It's an absolute favorite of all my recipes and I make it all fall and winter. Yum!

Hayley said...

Leslie I found your blog through people from the ward. The freezer meal is a great idea. We make and freeze shepherds pie all the time. Congratulations and good luck with the baby!

Love,
Hayley and Sterling Mateer

Kim said...

Baked Ziti is a favorite freezer meal for us!!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe your baby boy is almost here!

I like to freeze pasta sauces. You can make a huge batch of spaghetti sauce and then just freeze it quart bags. Then you just thaw it out and boil noodles. Easy.

Also, you could look here for ideas.

Freeze Ahead Meals

Good luck! I am so excited for you.